2013年9月16日月曜日

ガラス /ドール/ プリンセス | Glass Doll Princess, Ch. 1

神様聞こえてますか?」お姫様の声は美しいい。。。 If so, please grant my one and only wish.
ガラス /ドール/ プリンセス © しゃふいら  07日・09月・2013年


*One of my newest work, but I'm not too proud of it.

Once upon a time, there was a princess, as fragile as glass, yet as beautiful as a porcelain doll. She almost never talked, and she rarely ever goes out of her room. She behaves as if she’s a real doll, and nobody could ever decipher her feelings, not even her parents, the Queen and the King.
Due to this, the kingdom is troubled. If the Princess wouldn’t convey her feelings, how would she ever find someone to marry? There were a lot of suitors before, however they only wanted the Princess’ beautifully mesmerizing face and social status; although they’ve masked their intent quite well, the Princess still rejected them.

Time is running out and the King must find a successor soon. In haste, they decided to hold a competition; and the winner would marry the princess.

However, one thing they did not know was that the princess talks. However, she only talked to one person in the whole kingdom; it was an orphaned, very young servant; he was not even fifteen. His name was Ko, and he was the Princess’ chosen aide, the one who had pledged his loyalty to the Princess and only her. He would not tell anyone about the things the Princess told him.
“Princess, why haven’t you found a man to marry?” Ko, the young servant once asked. He was replied with a suave smile, as the cremè haired princess said those words he had not seen coming.

“Ko, would you listen to the story I am about to tell you?” She asked, as she gently pat the comfortable, fluffy queen-sized bed she is currently sitting on, inviting the young servant to sit beside her.

“Yes,” replied Ko, as he obediently walked towards the glass doll Princess he had pledged loyalty to.

As Ko settled down beside her, the princess smiled a warm, whole-hearted smile, patting Ko’s head, feeling his soft brown locks with each of her caresses. “I’ve always wanted a younger brother,” she had said.

“Ko isn’t worthy of any compliments from the Princess!” Ko replied hastily, his cheeks dusted with a soft, rosy red color.
The Princess’ laugh were like beautiful bell chimes, “That’s not true, Ko,” she had said, “I’ve thought of you as my little brother since long ago.”
“B-But Princess...!”
“Ko,” the Princess interrupted as she smiled, her smile radiating a kind of seriousness Ko had never seen before, “I have told you before that you weren’t supposed to be formal when there is only the two of us around, haven’t I?”

Ko flinched, yet he nodded and smiled, “Yes!”

“Then, Ko...” The Princess said, “What I’m about to tell you may sound ridiculous, but-“

“No!” Ko interrupted, his face full of trust and confidence, “Ko will always believe the Princess and stay by her side until death do us part!”

Hearing Ko’s naivè, yet sweet words, the Princess couldn’t help but look surprised. She had not expected Ko’s words—where did he learn that sentence?

Then, as if reading her mind, Ko cheerfully replied, “The head maid told Ko to say that to the person Ko cares sooo much about! That’s why, Ko said that to Princess!”

The Princess could not help but to chuckle, “Mm,” she said, “Until death do us part... I will never leave Ko’s side, too.”

As Ko laughed in bliss, the Princess thought that she would not want the peace in this castle; this kingdom to be trifled with. She has to find someone to be her betrothed, and fast... but it was not the time, at least not yet.

“Ko... what I’m about to tell you is a dream I had,” the Princess said, starting her tale, “It was a dream I had when I turn eighteen.”
Ko listened intently, nodding his head as his hands clasped the Princess’ tightly, and it warmed her heart.

“In that dream, I saw fragments of what I suspected was the future,” she said, as she paused momentarily, “What I saw was the Kingdom, as prosperous, if not more than what it is now. And then I saw me, myself as the Queen... and the King. The person I am supposed to marry, if I wanted to turn that dream, that prosperous Kingdom into reality. The Kingdom truly was perfect; and there were lots of ships, both trading and fishing alike. Ko likes ships, right?”

“Yes! Ko loves ships! ...But Princess, is that why you rejected everyone? Because you wanted to turn that dream into reality...” Ko asked, “Because you have yet to find the man in your dream?”

“Yes,” the Princess replied, “...It is ridiculous, and my indecisiveness had made everyone worry, yet... I cannot shake the dream off of my head. The Kingdom in my dream was what I always dreamed of; there were no slums, and everyone is happy, without exception.”
“Did Princess saw Ko, too?” Ko asked, his eyes glittery in anticipation. The Princess laughed at his energetic self, nodding her head.
“I did,” she said, “Ko was tall... and muscular! Ko looks very strong, yet good looking,”

“Ko...!?”

“Mm. That’s why, you must do your best, too, and grow up to be an even more noble-hearted man, Ko.”

“Yes! Ko will do my best to make the Princess proud!”

“That’s great!” she said, as she caressed Ko’s cheeks, “I will wait for that time. And I must do my best, too, searching for the one I had fallen in love with although I’ve only seen him in my dreams...”

“Ko will help the Princess with all of Ko’s might!”

“That’s great, Ko,” The Princess said, “It is great... to have another person looking after me.”

“Leave it to Ko!”

And the two laughed, caught up in the momentary bliss, not knowing what kind of storm that would hit them the very next day.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿